It’s a no-brainer that the key to increasing revenue for your B2B services is learning the B2B market, but knowing which behaviors to analyze can be tricky. Luckily, the top three key takeaways from a yearlong study of B2B client behavior published by Software Advice have revealed some surprisingly simple ways to maximize your ROI.
1. Don’t Delay in Calling Leads – The Quicker the Better
Calling within five seconds, rather than 5 minutes, increases your chances of qualifying a lead by 29 percent. If you use online registration forms to generate leads, it’s essential that your qualifiers make calls quickly. As you can see from the results below, every second counts.
- Calling within 0 to 5 seconds increases qualification rate by 30%
- Calling within 6 to 10 seconds increases qualification rate by 25%
- Calling within 11 to 20 seconds increases qualifications rate by 20%
- Calling within 21 to 30 seconds increases qualification rate by 16%
- Calling within 31 seconds to 1 minute increases qualification rate by 12%
- Calling within 11 minutes to 20 minutes decreases qualification rate by 5%
2. Buyer Activity Peaks on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are the most active days for buyers, with Tuesdays boasting the highest peaks in traffic and Wednesdays claiming the highest conversion rates. The time of day is also important. The highest qualification rates occur during working hours, and the highest conversion rates fall between 3pm and 5pm CST. Keeping well staffed during the middle of the week and encouraging employees to take their days off on Mondays and Fridays, when conversion rates are at their lowest, will help ensure you make the most of every week.
3. Holidays Should be for Vacation Not Selling
During the holidays, both conversion and qualification rates are at their lowest. Although our sales team was not in the office, traffic dropped by 60 percent and qualification rates slumped by 22 percent. In conclusion, the best holidays to take off are:
- Memorial Day -57% traffic
- Independence Day -58% traffic
- Labor Day -54% traffic
- Thanksgiving -71% traffic
- Black Friday -55% traffic
Conversely, it’s important to take full advantage of the following holidays:
- Martin Luther King Day -8% unique visits, -1% conversation rate
- Presidents Day -9% unique visits, 10% conversion rate
- Day before July 4th -11% unique visits, 2% conversion rate
- Day after July 4th -5% unique visits, 7% conversion rate
- Columbus Day -6% unique visits, 2% conversion rate
- Day before Thanksgiving -30% unique visits, 13% conversion rate
Armed with this insight, we hope you’ll be able to make smarter business decisions and maximize your ROI. For more information and to view the full report, visit us at softwareadvice.com.